What is the Highway 212 Roundabout Project?
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), in partnership with McLeod County, is constructing a single lane roundabout at the intersection of Highway 212 and Morningside Avenue in Glencoe.
- The project will be built in 2024, and work will require a detour.
- Improvements include:
- Constructing a single lane roundabout with a separate right turn lane going northbound onto Morningside Avenue
- Adding a multi-use trail on all sides of the roundabout to connect to the existing trails in the area
- The design of the roundabout will:
- Help slow vehicle speeds as drivers enter the intersection
- Have a mountable curb to accommodate vehicles of all sizes such as emergency vehicles, buses, farm equipment, and semi-trucks with trailers